Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a lovely New Year’s Eve, whatever you did 🙂
I know that just because it’s a new year, it doesn’t mean you get a fresh start and you can become a ‘new’ you, but you can make plans and set goals for the next 12 months. 2013 was a pretty good year for me. I started amyjanealice, gained my first real experience of working in PR, started my first year at university, celebrated my Mum’s 50th birthday and mine and my boyfriends two year anniversary, saw Arctic Monkeys for the second time, hosted my own meet up, worked with some brilliant brands and attended events, grew up a considerable amount, realised what I wanted in terms of friends, work and aspirations, just to name a few. Although I did enjoy 2013, there is so much I want to achieve this year.
1. Say yes more – I think one of the biggest things that can hold a person back is the fear of doing something new. I’m not talking about anything crazy or dangerous here, I mean things like taking an outfit to the fitting rooms you usually wouldn’t even think to pick up. It could turn out it looks brilliant on! Doing more means making more memories, and that’s exactly what I want to do this year.
2. Put more time and effort into my blog – I admit, I have neglected my poor blog a little over the last month or so and although I have been busy with starting university and upping my hours at work, that shouldn’t really have affected anything. So I need to get organised and plan my posts better to make sure amyjanealice progresses!
3. Work harder for a healthier lifestyle – This year I’d love to become more healthy, lose a bit of weight and tone up; the numbers on the scale don’t bother me so much, it’s more how I look and how I feel. Instead of trying to change too much too quickly, which is why I usually slip up when I’ve set this goal before, I’m going to change things one or two at a time. For example, I’m going to cut crisps and fizzy drinks out of my diet first, and then after a week or two change something else. Obviously I will be more conscious of what I’m eating throughout, but cutting everything that’s slightly naughty for me out just makes them all that more tempting. I need willpower but I’m sure the holiday I have booked for June will provide me with motivation!
4. Instead of dreaming, do it – I want to travel. SO much. Instead of just wishing and daydreaming, this year I’m going to try and put some plans in motion. This also goes for all the other things I want to do but never get round to it, some of them being getting over my fear of deep water/going underwater/not being able to see what’s in the water (argh!), do something different with my hair, get a tattoo and to get my nose re-pierced.
5. Document important events and memories – I’ve never been good at keeping a diary, which is surprising because I’ve always loved writing. This year I think it would be lovely to write down anything important and memorable in a notebook, so that in the future I’ll be able to look back and see what made 2014 so great.
6. Learn something new – Whether it be a language or a skill, or how to do something different with my hair and make up, I want to learn something new this year.
So that’s a bit of a long post, but with it being the first post of 2014, why not? Have you got any goals you have set yourself this year? Let me know in the comments!