We’ve all had a pretty tough year, I think thats an understatement, so I want to celebrate as many wins as I can and that’s why today I’ve decided to share with you some of my favourite blog posts of 2020.
Of course I’ll also be spreading the love to my fellow content creators by sharing some of my favourite posts from other bloggers over the year!
These are the posts that I’ve loved writing, enjoyed putting together and when I’ve finally hit publish I’ve felt pretty proud of myself. I’ve gone through my posts from the last 12 months and picked out the ones I like the most, and hopefully you find something you’re interested in reading too!
Let’s get into my favourite blog posts of 2020.
This year I switched up my review format (thanks to Lauren for all the help and tutorials) and this made me enjoy the process and the outcome so much more. It also helps that I’ve read some really great books this year which made my time writing my thoughts even better. Some of my favourite review posts include:
- The Damned by Renee Ahdieh (even though this is in the older format!)
- The Minute I Saw You by Paige Toon
- 40-Love by Olivia Dade
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert
5 reasons to read series
So I have only written two posts in this series so far, but it’s definitely something I want to do more of in 2021. They’re a lot of fun to compile and are especially great for those books or series where you just need to scream about why people need to read them in a bit of a succinct manner than a review.
Another style of post I want to write more of in 2021! This ranges from think pieces to more chatty style posts.
- One of my top 2020 posts is my discussion of ebooks vs paperbacks. It really got me thinking, I had some input from fellow book lovers and family/friends and also wrote and posted the entire thing in one day.
- During NaNoWriMo when I attempted to work on my book every day throughout November, I posted weekly updates on things from free resources to help you write your book to things I learned while I took part.
Recommendations and new releases
This year I’ve really enjoyed putting together recommendations post, both for you all and for me as I get to find some new reads!
Also I want to share the love in this gloomy time, so here are some posts I’ve enjoyed from fellow bloggers too. These aren’t all of my faves, as there are so many amazing content creators, but just a little selection!
- “Creating a coven: Practical points for the modern witch” by Northern Plunder
- “Heart-warming, sweet, and uplifting books to read in times of stress” by Reading Through Infinity
- “The Ultimate Sapphic Masterlist | F/F February 2020” by Beyond a Bookshelf
- “Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade | Review” by Kirsty Reads
- “Six of Crows Book Tag” by Readable Life
- “The Pros and Cons of Going Self-Hosted” by HollieBlog
- “Book content creators that made 2020 better” by antari reads
- “Books in Bullets: Adult Romance Books That Sparked Joy and Comfort” by Shut Up, Shealea
- “A Brief Introduction to Publishing Monopolisation: The Greed, the Bad & the Ugly” by Evidently Bookish
- “GoodReads, Book Sloth, The StoryGraph… What Are All These Reading Trackers?” by Eleanor Sophie
- “55 LGBTQ+ YA, MG & Adult Book Recommendations (From LGBTQ+ Readers)” by Wonderfully Bookish
- “Why You Should All Read The Daevabad Trilogy By S.A. Chakraborty” by The Tsundoku Chronicles
Phew and there we have some of my favourite posts of 2020! I’m super excited to see what next year brings for me and my blog. In fact, I’ll be sharing some goals and resolutions next week.